Monday, July 24, 2006

What a place

Here is a short update about my trip in the USA. In Oklahoma City (man was that hot!) I spoke at the International Aviation Training Symposium. Unlike other years, this was a sting operation, meaning in the day before the speech, out the morning after. Apart from IATS I met with Todd Hubbard who you might know from the Staff page of ANI. Todd and me spoke in the same session of the symposium, which was a nice coincident :-)
Todd is very experienced in the field of distance learning and we finally have the concept together for the e-learning courses we want to offer through ANI. I am positive that at some stage in 2007 we will start a pilot project, possibly using the ILS Master Class as our tryout course.

Then I spent 3 great days in Denver and the nearby Rocky Mountains. What a great place that is. Last saturday I spent 7 hours driving through mountains and over passes, the highest one being more than 3700m high.

Finally I arrived in Seattle, where I teach a class of RNAV/RNP experts. Seattle is one of the nicest city in the USA I have seen so far. The weather is also unusually hot, so I am really having a great summer so far.
After this trip we are looking forward to the next basic PANS-OPS course starting on July 31 with a very international class once again.
So long, stay tuned!

No comments: