Monday, September 25, 2017

Sir Theo van de Ven has moved to another dimension


It is of course part of the game called "life" that we all get older and eventually die. Some of us leave bigger footsteps than others. One who has made an enormous impact was Theo and it was was a priviledge for me to know him and to be able to work with him for many years to pay back something to the industry that has made us what we are. Theo did an enormous amount of work for the international aviation community and I always admired his will to do something for the good of the community. Even if he experienced setbacks he would not be discouraged, always stay calm, friendly and focused and just continue the effort. It was always inspiring to work with him. A bit over two years ago he suffered from the loss of his loved wife and more or less at the same time received his own death penalty. Theo, I sincerely hope you did not have to suffer from pain in the end and you can continue your spiritual journey with your wife who you missed so much. Another icon in aviation has left the planet, good bye all the best for that last journey, my friend.

3 comments:

Rafa Pecos said...

Dear Beat, I'm very sad after knowing this bad new. I had the honour and the good luck to know Theo. I personally learnt a lot from him. He had the patience to explain to me and to solve me doubts, questions and anything related to procedures design and flight operations. I totally agree with you that he is leaving a big legacy and the aviation World has lost a big and devoted professional.
Rest in peace dear Sir Theo, hace a nice flight....

Anonymous said...

Dear Beat, Thank you for posting the sad news. I totally agree with all of Rafa's well considered words. I will remember Theo as a true gentleman and a dedicated scholar. May he rest in peace. Tony

Unknown said...

Just today heard about Theo's passing in a years-end note from Jens Gjerlev. First worked with Theo in 1986 on a noise and environment project for Amsterdam Schiphol. Over the ensuing years, I learned to respect his advice and listened whenever he spoke. Truly a great loss to the Aviation Community. May his soul rest In Peace.