Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Why does everything have to be a "solution"?

I see advertisements for software solutions, my bank is praising their banking solutions, insurances are trying to sell their insurance solution. Interesting, but I am not their target market then. I don't need a software solution, as I haven't got a software problem. I might want a piece of software, though. But not as a solution, not because I have a problem. Only because I like the kit. Same for the insurance. I don't have an insurance problem, I just want to be insured, that's all. Get lost with your solutions, we don't want them. We need them as little as we need an "insurance partner" or a "software partner". We just want to buy a product, that's all. So don't call yourself our partners, because you're not, and don't call your products "solutions", because we don't have a problem. Or do we have to invent a problem for all your solutions?

No comments: