Wednesday, May 02, 2007

OCP changes name to IFPP

The ICAO Obstacle Clearance Panel (OCP) has now changed its name to the ICAO "Instrument Flight Procedures Panel" IFPP. This name chane was approved by the Air Navigation Commission at ICAO, since the OCP was of the view that the old name no longer reflects the work the panel is doing accurately. This approval of the name change also indicates that the IFPP is heading in the right direction and the work done by the panel is appreciated by the ANC.
Okay, it will take me a while not say "I have an OCP meeting", but I am sure I'll get there :-)

2 comments:

Nils Lundström said...

Do we then have to say : "Are you going to IFPP 15" or will the meeting still be OCP 15..

I'm not sure I agree 100% with the new name.

Beat Zimmermann said...

There won't be official Panel meetings anymore, just WG/WHL. Therefore the name OCP15 or similar will be void.