Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hard(er) to believe

The "Harder" is a local mountain. I climb it 2 to 3 times a week for training then take the funicular train down. Today there was some eastern european guy with his girl walking towards the top station of the funicular. I could hear some music behind me but couldn't locate the source. I found out that the guy had his iPhone out and had some music running on loudspeaker. Needless to mention that there were other people around. I looked at the guy to check if there will be any bodily sign to switch off that crap. Well, obviously not. After about 2 minutes of him ignoring the puzzled looks from a group of british travellers I asked him whether it ever came to his mind that not everybody wants to listen to his (crappy) music. He asked: "turn off?" and I replied "I just wondered whether you ever thought about it at all. Yes! Turn off is the call!". He said "no problem" and switched it off.
Probably he thinks I am an intolerant idiot. Guess what: He is perfectly right. Well, not the idiot part but the intolerance part. I ruddy well don't tolerate crap like this. I have difficulties to understand how somebody can do that in the first place. You need music when you are in the most breathtaking nature? Fine, use earphones, but leave me alone with it. When I want to listen to music, it's gonna be my music and it's gonna be on a high end system and not on a mobile phone loudspeaker. Speaking of tolerance: I will tolerate anything that I cannot influence. For example I tolerate the fact that birds can make quite some noise in the morning or that the german financial minister is a prick. But I will never tolerate behaviour that is egoistic and rude.

No comments: