Thursday, June 22, 2006

Why is it impossible to buy a jersey from team Japan?


Okay, those who know me well also know: I like Japan. I like the Japanese People, I love Japanese Food. I have good friends in Japan. I love the Japanese Onsen, the Ryokan, the Shinkansen, I even like the fact that it is unbelievably hot and humid in summer. For this football world cup I wanted to buy a jersey of the Japanese Football team. Because everybody else here is walking around in jerseys from Italy, Spain, Argentina, Portugal, England and of course Switzerland. Very many also wear a yellow, blue and green jersey...
I checked all shops. They had everything. Everything - except the Japanese Jersey. Okay I didn't actually look for Trinidad, so I am not sure they had one. But I wanted a Japan jersey. Well, no luck. This is globalisation at its best. You can have everything everywhere anytime. Except a Japanese Jersey in Switzerland during the Football World Cup in Germany.
However, tonight my heart is with team Japan. I hope they crush Brasil. Also without me wearing the jersey.

No comments: